Saturday, October 20, 2012

The In and Out of Benefits Enrollment

It's benefits enrollment time of year.  The last several years I've been able to roll over my current plan which makes it sooo easy.  No change of info at every appt, no making sure we're covered, no making sure everything is billed correctly, etc. 

This year they offer my same plan and  I just did my normal quick look-up for our pediatrician and endo to make sure they were still in-network and lucky I did....they are OUT of network.  And then it just got stranger.  Here is a list of medical providers we are certain/likely to use and whether they are IN or OUT of network for the NEW plan I have to switch to:

Local clinic...........................IN
Local clinic lab......................OUT
Pediatrician...........................IN
OB/GYN...............................IN
Physical Therapist (in clinic)....OUT
Local Hospital........................IN
Chiropractor...........................OUT
Children's Hospital..................IN
Children's Hospital lab............not found
Pediatric Endo.......................IN
CDE.....................................not found

The clinic is IN but the lab is OUT?  They did that just to mess with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment